Passionate about digtal, data, IoT or AI and willing to join a dynamic and ambitious team on a human scale?
Don’t hesitate and join Talan!
For more than 15 years, we have been advising companies and administrations and supporting them in the implementation of their transformation projects in Switzerland / Luxembourg and abroad.
To do so, we rely both on technological leverage and on the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
With a presence on five continents and more than 4,000 employees, our goal is to reach more than a €1 billion revenue by 2024. Innovation is at the heart of our development and we are involved in areas linked to the technological changes of major groups, such as Big Data, IoT, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence.
Our values & playfields:
- Intelligence collective
- Entrepreneurship /Intrapreneurship
- Promote diversity/mixity (Support to the Fondation femmes@Numerique...)
- Commitment (employees, partners, schools, associations...)
- Respect for human beings and quality of life at work
- Open-mindedness and inclusiveness
We are looking for a FX eTrading Application Production engineer (based in London)
Location: London (Marylebone Station)
This role is a position within the FX eTrading Application Production team in London, which is part of the APS eSolutions group (Application Production & Support - eSolutions). This a global team providing services to the global FX business within CIB Global Markets trading room.
The team provides technical support for all back-end components running on FX eTrading environments (more than 600 servers – Windows and Linux).
The team also manages connectivity to many electronic trading venues (ICAP/EBS, Reuters FX Matching, Currenex, CBOE-HotSpot, LMAX, Euronext FastMatch, CME, Bloomberg, MOEX ...).
Production systems are mainly installed in London, New York, Tokyo and Singapore and most of them live 24/5.
Follow-the-sun support model is in place, involving teams in London, New York, Montreal, Singapore and Mumbai.
Systems are complex so as part of support activities the range of technical skills involved is wide. All team members are expected to quickly develop, or already have, a good understanding of eTrading systems (not necessarily FX). All engineers within the team have applications (mainly proprietary software) and technologies allocated to them and they are expected to take ownership and be, or quickly become experts in these areas.
Out-of-hours work is regularly required, particularly at weekends on a rota basis. The team also provides on-call support.
- Day-to-day management of production: monitoring, capacity management, problem resolution activities, change management.
- Responsible for efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to clients and internal users including liaising with end users, team members, management, vendors, other internal IT teams...
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of technical support systems.
- Perform activities related to implementation and rollout for upgrades of existing services.
- Work closely with development teams, business analysts, architects, all infrastructure teams to design and setup new systems, improve existing platforms (resilience, high availability, performance, low-latency...).
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs.
- Plan, schedule, implement and document the change activities.
- Improve team documentation, keep it up-to-date and share knowledge with global team
- Strong all-around IT background and proven experience in electronic trading markets on similar environments
- Strong understanding of Linux (Redhat) operating systems to be able to tune platforms for optimum performance
- Essential skills:
- Scripting (Python, Shell, SQL....) and development skills for administration, monitoring and support tools
- Good network and firewall infrastructure understanding
- Good understanding of multicast messaging (ideally in a Tibco RendezVous environment)
- Ability to analyse network captures
- Project management skills to deliver medium scale projects
Personal attributes :
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem solving ability
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking projects
- Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Quickly learn new systems/products