Talan Canada is growing and looking to strengthen its team with a Unix System Admin for the Montreal office, who will be interested in working with clients from multiple industries.
Within the system administration team, you will onboard the Level 3 Unix server support team.
As part of an agile system team, you will be responsible for supporting, designing, and improving the Unix infrastructure. You will also be responsible for the follow up and the implementation of the security remediations
- Work integrated in an agile organized team to deliver Unix support and projects
- Follow up on Clients requests and incidents. Work with them as a business partner in total transparency
- Participate in the Follow the Sun support by providing support for Europe and Asia
- Propose innovative and industrial solutions to automatize your repetitive tasks and improve team’s efficiency
- Participate in the common automation effort by collaborating actively with the various feature teams
- Manage the activity based on ITIL Framework (Change management, Incident/Request management)
- Onboard the teams’ routine and participate in overtime operations at least once a Month
- Work closely with our Bangalore based Level 1 on our service optimization
Areas of development
- Scrum Method is at the heart of our team’s organization, get onboarded and learn about it.
- Get involved with API development for the automation of our IT operations, Python is required.
- Collaborate in the development of the products of our feature teams. Bring your point of view on the features.
- Work on a 3500+ server scope.
Excellent technical skills on the following technologies:
- Linux Server Operating Systems RHEL 5+ years
- Dev (Python/Perl/Git/Bash) 3+ years
- Volume manager and LVM 3+ years
- Puppet 3+ years
- Cloud based technologies 2+ years
- Redhat IDM
- HP / DELL x86 Hardware
- Low latency networking and troubleshooting (10GB / Multicast)
- TCP/IP protocol suite and its utilities (LDAP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, and NFS, etc.)
- NetBackup or other enterprise backup platforms
- SAN and FC Storage and NFS
Desired / Plus:
- Redhat Satellites
- Oracle RAC setup
- ElasticSearch / Kibana / Logstach
- Software Factory (e.g. Jenkins) and Continous Delivery
- Contribution on Open Source Github project
- Effective on automation and orchestration (Scripting Python / Puppet )
- Client focused, be trustworthy and provide an excellent customer service. Be Flexible and able to work with developers and applicative teams
- Collaborate, and bring in your creativity to deliver projects that will require interacting across different groups
- Up to date on systems convergence and integration for disparate systems
- Efficient on High Availability environments and DR scenario design, implementation and testing
- Committed to deliver audit response and remediation. Have a Security focused mindset in order to participate in our server hardening effort
- Understanding of backup technologies