· Responsible for applications used by traders, sales and middle office on the trading floor.
· Responsibility includes software releases, configuration and support of all production system components and infrastructure.
· Support, develop and maintain software applications, build systems, own related processes and deliver frequent releases with high quality.
· Troubleshoot technical or functional issues in a complex financial environment to provide timely resolution, with various applications and
platforms that are global.
· Develop applications to automate manual operational tasks as well as build custom real-time monitoring tools and reports.
· Partner with global development and application support teams in New York, Chicago, Montreal, Paris, Sydney, London, Bangalore and Hong Kong.Work in follow-the-sun model.
· Extensive interaction is expected with traders, sales, supports and quants.
· Gaining in-depth exposure to both the business and technology aspects of equity derivatives business.
· Bring a passion to stay on top of DevOps trends, experiment with and learn new CD technologies.
· Help or mentor other members of the team, preach and spread DevOps as religion in the firm.
· Strong programming background in a structured, object-oriented language (Java, C#, etc.)
· Strong knowledge of Spring framework
· Experience with Front-end languages (AngularJS, Angular, React, etc.)
· Comfortable working on UNIX / Linux (Sysadmin, Shell Scripting, etc.) and Windows environments.
· Experience working with relational databases, excellent SQL skills.
· Understanding of the Agile and Continuous delivery.
· Experience with one or more: Source control management systems (GIT); Dependency management tools (Maven), Unit testing (JUnit), Code quality (Sonar), Continuous integration (Jenkins, XLDeploy) Virtual container (Docker EE), Object-relational mapping (Hibernate) and Automated acceptance testing (Cucumber).
· Asset: Good programming background in scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.)
· Asset: Knowledge of FIX and other order/rfq/trading protocols.
· Asset: Understanding MQ Series or TIBCO middleware technologies.
· Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with business and colleagues.
· Ability to solve problems with a keen eye for details; a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to the team.
· Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience to propose creative, value driven viable solutions.
· Self-directed, independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and matrix environments.
· Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to achieve desired outcomes.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
o Asset: Knowledge on Capital Market and Investment Banking Activities.
o Asset: 3+ years experience in IT financial services industry.
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science or related concentration
o Asset: Diploma with concentration in finance
o Asset: French