We are currently looking for a permanent candidate to join our client’s Front office support team. The candidate will start his mission with the Post trade, Application support and will end by Client support.
The Talan consultant, who would be hired as a full-time employee of Talan will be responsible for providing functional and technical support to the Fixed Income trading and middle office systems used by Talan’s client.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with trading team to manage and support the application and Post Trade.
- Take care of Bloomberg TOMS application (trading booking application-pricing, risk, PNL..)
- Onboard Traders, Sales, operations and train them with new functionalities
- Front-line sales, traders and dealer application support, including configuration management, user access and reporting
- Check the trading limit, integrate new market, new product in coordination with the legal/compliance teams.
- Manage projects, sometimes transversal, involving not only coordination and testing but also direct communication with the business line representatives/sponsors, the Operations department and Legal/Compliance department
- Monitoring platforms, rollout of new releases, support (AON trading, Broadway..)
- Help with testing new products and services and provides ongoing feedback as needed.
- Managing Risks: Meeting tight deadline when it comes to security patches, software pushes, refreshes, or any project related items is problematic.
- Collaborate with the vendor to rapidly roll out upgrades, migrations.
Technical Skill Set
- Desired: Bloomberg (Toms)
Required Education and Experience
Minimum 2 year(s) of experience in trading support ideally in Fixed Income environment
- Confidence when dealing with internal user base (Sales & Trading)
- Proactive and results-oriented, sets high standards of performance
- Staff development promotes knowledge sharing and learning
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cooperative, promotes collaborating within and across teams
- Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem-solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as transit benefits, FSA and perks