The container administrator’s responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Manage container instance worldwide as part of the container global team (instance of tomcat, weblogic, IIS, apache, php)
- Manage GTS docker platform (UCP) in Paris and in Amer
- Provide off-hour and weekend production on-call support and be able to handle on-call alerts.
- Provide on-call support as part of Follow-the-sun support to Paris and Asia systems.
- Provide advices, best practices to the team’s client
- Help implement and update the team standard (installation, best practices, etc …)
- Contribute to API factory for provisioning and automation of the container’s life cycle (including the docker part)
- To be process-oriented and be able to implement a common set of standards, methods and procedures used for all container work, as well as be able to recommend software and hardware upgrade paths.
- Client focused, able to work independently while interacting across different teams to accomplish projects and must be detail oriented.
- Be willing to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Experience working in a 24X7 environment.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience of operational management.
- French and English language skills (written and/or oral).
- Familiarity with ITIL process (asset)
- At least 5+ years of experience working with container technologies (Apache, tomcat, IIS, weblogic) and/or Docker/Openshift
- Proficient scripting skills (shell, python …)
- Puppet knowledge
- Knowledge about various storage technologies like SAN, SAN-SRDF and NAS
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
- French (asset)