Our client is a a major French Corporate and Investment Bank in Midtown, Manhattan. The consultant, who would be hired as a full-time employee of Talan, would join our team at the client site operating in the client’s Listed Derivatives Middle Office.
The Listed Derivatives Middle Office team is responsible for ensuring the back office clearing for all listed derivatives trades. The successful candidate would integrate the middle office team, and would be the technical Support and Devops for the team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide timely resolution of highly technical and specific user issues and requests;
- Monitor performances, fine-tune processes and manage capacity planning to be consistent with the low latency expectation;
- Manage high performing in-house order routing, feed handlers, pre-trade checks and trade reporting services;
- Provide support to the middle office operating various strategies on a wide range of assets;
- Work closely with the middle office team, as well as with the back office and front office
Required Skill Set
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration including troubleshooting techniques
- Extended knowledge in SQL
- Previous experience in a finance and banking environment
Desired Skill Set
- Listed Derivatives
- Scripting Languages (python)
- Be passionate, determined, and have intellectual curiosity
- Results oriented, highly flexible, team player
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The ability and desire to work autonomously (the DevOps would be the only support person in the middle office team)
Required Education and Experience
- 3-7 years
- Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
- Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as sick and personal days, transit benefits and perks.