A propos de Talan
Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, a French consulting firm with more than 3500 employees worldwide, and locations in eight countries (four continents). In 2021 and for the 7th consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award.
Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including generous paid time off, health and 401K plans.
Each Talan consultant will join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites.
Our success is measured by both our employee and client satisfaction, which is our priority.
We are currently looking for a permanent candidate to join our consulting team as a Trade Support Analyst, specialized in equity derivatives environment.
The Talan consultant, who would be hired as a full-time employee of Talan, would combine technical skills with strong communication skills as he/she will be part of the trading floor support team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Understand, document, and propose solutions for production issues
- Communicate progress and problems to users, estimate work schedules, and anticipating and avoiding problems
- Ensure system stability, recoverability plan software and hardware evolutions, involvement in DR Deliver implemented systems into production
- Train first-level support staff in the operation of the systems
- Communicate with the traders to understand their requirements and keep them posted on the technical delivery progress
- Understand business requirements of new projects by working with traders and development teams
- Stay current with advances in technology in his/her area of expertise and improve knowledge of business lines and market specifics
- Strong knowledge in Linux, in scripting (Perl, Bash)
- Familiar Market Data Flow/Market Access technical environment (TCP/IP, API, Routers)
- Excellent communicator
- Skills in coding (Python or Java)
- French-speaking is a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- +2 years of experience in a similar job or as a developer for Trading tools
- Experience in communication with the traders
- Knowledge/experience in derivatives instruments (cash, future, options)
- Understanding of derivatives products and market specificities
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan. Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as, commuter/transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and other company perks.