A propos de Talan
Global Markets IT Risk, P&L development (GM RiPL) consists of approximately 300 people spread between London, Paris, New York, India and Asia, developing software to support systems for Risk, P&L, Financial Resources and the management of Referential data for Global Markets.
Risk is a compass for many aspects of the business, and we develop systems to assess and report on this, providing risk assessment tools for all trades across all asset classes traded by a full service investment bank. These overnight or real-time tools incorporate a large element of modelling and draw on the work of our quantitative research teams. To compute all the necessary indicators, they need the huge processing power of the bank’s computation farm, one of the biggest in the industry.
Our P&L systems are designed to assess how much money the bank makes or loses, and why. We support management in analyzing issues such as whether our results are due to market trends or trading strategy, or whether traders are completing a few high-risk, high-margin trades or a large volume of low-risk, low-margin ones.
Financial Resources cover balance sheets, liquidity, capital and collateral and are an increasing focus for management and regulation.
- Work as a business aligned RAD developer in our front office Technology team.
- Work on the enhancement and maintenance of the RAD FO reporting, market data contribution, risk and PnL framework.
- Use Rapid Application Development techniques for quick turn-around of high-profile projects.
- Previous experience of front-office risk and PnL support and development is a plus.
- Good understanding of equities and commodities products.
- Good knowledge of JAVA/C#/C++, Python, Excel / VBA, SQL (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Candidates with proven experience should also have had good exposure to Derivatives, ideally in a front-office facing role, and an in-depth understanding of the business.