A propos de Talan
Are you passionate about digital transformations, data, IoT or AI and are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious team?
Don’t hesitate and join Talan!
For the last 20 years, Talan has advised Companies in the Finance and Luxury Goods Industries. Talan has helped its clients transform their businesses and deploy innovative projects globally. Talan is a global company present on five continents.
Today, Talan has more than 4,000 consultants and aims to exceed $1B in revenue by 2024.
Talan leverages innovation and operates in areas related to technological changes such as Big Data, Cryptocurrency, and Artificial Intelligence.
We rely on both technological leverage and the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility, and a taste for entrepreneurship.
We are currently looking for a permanent candidate to join our consulting team as a Data scientist in Dallas to support our client, a US leading global investment banking, in designing various predictive models for their new Transaction Banking platform.
Our client Transaction Banking Engineering team is responsible for building data-driven decision models and processes (underwriting, pricing, and collections). The team is also responsible for internal analytics like monitoring portfolio risk, projecting revenues, and providing business insights. In this role you will handle the following responsibilities:
- Design/evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms for decision-making using statistical modeling, feature engineering, and machine learning techniques
- Develop production quality code to implement and deploy these algorithms for production use
- Interface with data architecture and other technology teams for production processes
- Understand the business and interface with product and strategy teams in model selection and monitoring processes
- Help document your assumptions and methodologies, and perform validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews and independent model validation
- Build internal analytics/dashboards for monitoring portfolio risk and providing client insights to the leadership team
- BS/MS or Ph.D. in a quantitative field – Computer Science, Mathematical Finance, Engineering, Physics
- 2+ Years of experience in the Mathematical field, especially in probability and statistics
- Strong programming background in compiled or scripting languages (Python, Java, etc.)
- Ability to explain complex models and analysis to a diverse audience
- Strong data science/ML experience or experience in SME lending or other loan modeling is preferred
- Familiarity with statistical computing languages or packages (pandas/numpy/scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch)
- Experience with version control and production quality code development
- Familiarity with working with large datasets
- Loan/Credit risk modeling or other similar financial modeling experience
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan. Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- 8 paid holidays
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as, commuter/transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and other company perks.