The Talan consultant, who would be hired as a full-time employee of Talan, would join our team at the client site operating in the Market Access Front Office Engineering team. Our client is a major French Corporate and Investment Bank in Midtown, Manhattan.
We’re looking for a market access application DevOps analyst for one of our clients, a major French Corporate and Investment Bank in Midtown, Manhattan.
The Market Access support team is responsible for ensuring the reliability of trading servers and platforms, and is working directly with traders on the trading floor.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate, administer and extend a 500 live servers platform, built with state-of-the-art and low latency technologies, connected to more than 40 Trading Venues, and processing from 10 to 30 million orders per day and a vast amount of financial information in real time;
- Provide timely resolution of highly technical and specific user issues and requests;
- Monitor performances, fine-tune processes and manage capacity planning to be consistent with the low latency expectation;
- Manage high performing in-house order routing, feed handlers, pre-trade checks and trade reporting services;
- Provide support to more than 100 US traders operating various strategies on a wide range of assets;
- Work closely with Exchanges and Trading Venues to manage implementation of new services;
- Collaborate with worldwide ITEC departments;
- Implement new Market Access solutions for business initiatives;
Technical Skill Set:
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration including troubleshooting techniques and scripting languages (Shell, Python)
- Basic knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, routing, multicast)
- Windows: maintain jobs, check network or shared drives, analyze memory
- Database: MySQL be able to do simple queries
- Stocks and Derivatives product (Options, Warrants, Futures, Index, ETF’s…).
- American markets (Primary Exchanges and ECNs)
- Be passionate, determined, and have intellectual curiosity
- The capacity to solve problems in a high pressure environment, prioritize critical tasks and learn on the fly
- Results oriented, highly flexible, team player
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively
- Have the flexibility to experiment with novel solutions and the determination to test assumptions and conventional methods
- Have a thorough understanding of what client service is and a strong commitment to ensure they provide solid client service
Required Education and Experience:
- 0-5 years