Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop, test, release and support the US Structured Equity Derivatives Trading Desk.
- The candidate will work on small to medium-term projects directly with the US Equity Derivatives Trading Desk using technologies such as C#, Python and Excel VBA among others.
- This includes supporting existing .NET applications & Excel Spreadsheets, as well as developing new applications based on the needs of the trading desk.
Technical Skill Set:
- Experienced developer, with a technical background – ideally comfortable with some coding languages (C#, Python and Excel VBA).
- Whilst Derivatives trading knowledge (options pricing and risk) is beneficial it is not required for this role
- Excellent communicator, and comfortable communicating directly with the Trading Desk and internal Technology teams
- Able to range up and down the detail depending on the audience.
- Able to handle all phases of development (requirements gathering/analysis through to implementation), establishing solid relationships and trust built on proven delivery.
- Learning from operational failures is important, constantly asking why, using evidence to prove root causes and ensuring solutions are implemented to prevent reoccurrences.
- Have an understanding of software development lifecycles and modern software delivery principles such as continuous delivery
Required Education and Experience:
- + 5 years of experience in the same role