A propos de Talan
Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, a French consulting firm with more than 3500 employees worldwide, and locations in eight countries (four continents). In 2021 and for the 7th consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award.
Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including generous paid time off, health and 401K plans.
Each Talan consultant will join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites.
Our success is measured by both our employee and client satisfaction, which is our priority.
We are looking for a talented Trading Support Expert with a solid background supporting a broad suite of FX electronic trading applications to work closely with FX Traders, Sales, and Middle Office personnel locally and alongside a global development team.
The successful candidate will join the existing FX Trading Support US team of one of our clients, a leading international bank located in New York.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support a complex a Global Production system architecture including the following FX eTrading and eCommerce Applications:
- Single/Multi Dealer Platforms
- Electronic Trading
- Algorithmic Trading
- Auto hedging
- Cortex FX
- Client Distribution Platform
- FIX API integration work.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and provide detailed and accurate reporting.
- Perform system installs, upgrades and configuration, whilst adhering to a rigorous change management process.
- Actively monitor systems, as well as performing periodic system checks and tests.
- Specifying requirements for bug fixes and system enhancements.
- Development of support tools, particularly those which automate manual checks.
- Delivering formal and ad-hoc training to users.
- Participate in an early (0700) and late (1900) shift, and on-call cover on a rota basis.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to work under own initiative whilst being a team player.
- Strong knowledge of the FX business products and Electronic Markets.
- Strong knowledge of SQL (SQL Server and Oracle).
- Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Knowledge of Networks, Market Data, and messaging technologies (FIX, TCP/IP, TIBRV, MQ Series, Multicast).
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of C++/C# beneficial.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a numerate subject (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, etc…) required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Electronic Markets Application Support.
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan. Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as, commuter/transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and other company perks.