A propos de Talan
Talan is a consulting firm specializing in digital innovation and transformation. For over 20 years, Talan has been advising, supporting, and implementing transformation projects for businesses and public authorities, in France and abroad. With operations on five continents and nearly 6,000 consultants, the group anticipates revenues of 600 million euros in 2022 and expects a turnover of 1 billion euros by 2024. The group places innovation at the heart of its development strategy and is involved in areas of technological change affecting major corporations, such as Big Data, the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. By placing the "humanist approach to technology" at the center of its strategy, the Talan Group is convinced that it is by serving people that technology multiplies its potential for society.
Talan Canada is growing and looking to strengthen its teams with a IT Application Development Manager for the Toronto office, able to work with clients in several industries.
IT Application Development Manager - Squad Leader
The primary responsibility of IT Application Development Manager is to lead an IT Fulfillment team through legacy, modernization and cutting edge application development and support.
• Manage, coach and allocate team resources, ensuring quality achievement of strategic information technology goals in a cost-efficient and timely manner while ensuring a healthy, productive and positive team environment.
• Ensure project timeline is met, development effort remains on target, and deliverables meet project expectations within budgetary constraints and according to corporate quality standards.
• Provide technical advice, high level design and solutions to project team.
• Ensure rapid resolution of production and operational issues.
• Identify, recruit, develop, and retain a high performance team of professionals.
- We are looking primarily for employees recruited in permanent positions at Talan, but are open to working with freelancers
- The teleworking conditions depend on the mandates to which our consultants are assigned
Joining Talan also means
- Joining an international group (10 countries, 3000 employees) of Professional Services and IT Consulting, committed to the digital transformation of its clients for over 15 years
- Joining a Canadian company, created in 1997, with more than 100 consultants, working in an agile and pragmatic way with large companies (Finance, Insurance, Telecommunications, Services, Distribution, Public Sector) by combining consulting services / technological expertise / innovation / capacity to deliver and deploy projects
- Joining dynamic teams, where the employee's place is at the center of attention, with the desire to create spaces that allow each person to grow, and societal and environmental commitments
The "Great Place to Work" survey conducted this year for Talan confirms that we are well above the standards in Canada.
- Having the opportunity to access the various communities of practice throughout the group, to share expertise, to contribute to development and to innovate, all with a strong team and entrepreneurial spirit
- Benefit from market-competitive benefits!
Talan is a great playfield, it's up to you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in application development
- 5+ years of IT related experience in a leadership or technical capacity. This experience should include higher level exposure to clients and key stakeholders
-The candidate should demonstrate strong leadership skills and assume ownership of their portfolio including business relations, providing quality support, growing talent and providing strong technical guidance.
-Management experience leading a team of Developers through production issues and new initiatives
Strongly Preferred Skills:
-Experience working in an agile development environment and hands on experience in Java/J2EE, Hadoop, Sparks, Mango DB, Hive would be an asset